Welcome new folks – thanks so much for joining!
As most of you know I named my business in honor of my family and their mad creative skills and every now and again I want to do a family update.
Dad has weighed in a with his latest lazy susan project.
I had posted about his work previously but here is the Readers Digest version of my dad.
- He is incredibly creative and precise and does beautiful work (great qualities now but almost drove me to drink as a 10 year old who just wanted to build a model).
- Almost 90 and still going strong creating terrific pieces.
- Though not remotely senile, wanders around central Ohio in winter wearing short sleeved shirts and no jacket whereas I live in Southern California and am currently wearing three layers of clothing INSIDE MY HOUSE.
- Also, almost 90 and has full head of hair – which is just plain mean.
This lazy susan, as you can see, has a built in checkerboard and he even made his own checkers for it! (cause I guess just, you know, buying some checkers wasn’t sufficiently show-offy).
You may recall my sister Phebe’s Guest Post but here is the reader’s digest version of her:
- Vibrantly creative with pretty much anything she puts her mind to.
- Early proponent of the Home School movement – tried to teach me how to read when I was 6 months old.
- Currently favorite sister because she provided a guest blog post without prompting.
- Full head of hair……..but I’m OK with that.
- Showed proper respect by marrying a man named David.
- Loses points only because her David also sports a full head of hair.
And I’m very excited because my sister Paula and her husband have opened their own Etsy store!
Here is the Paula 411
- Possibly the most positive, loving person you will ever meet. Can and does make pretty much everything and it’s always beautiful.
- Superpower: always has the tweek or idea that will make any project better.
- Full head of hair….I’m learning to accept it.
- Loses points for marrying someone not named David who also displays a full head of hair –which he recently grew long just to drive the point home.
I featured one of the clocks they are making in my Underground Dresser photo (it was a Christmas present!).
- numerous hair-styling options available to her (whatever)
- gains points for marrying someone named David.
- loses points because, you guessed it, her David, owns a comb and blowdryer.
And, of course mom!
- Awesome is the only word.
- I blogged about her mad Chistmas skills previously.
- Despite what science says, can’t be blamed for the hair thing as her father also had full, thick head of hair into his 90s so it’s totally not her fau……!
OMG! I’m totally adopted! My sister wasn’t just being mean when I was 6!